Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Teach all the students.

As a teacher and consultant in special education for many years, I have learned many wonderful ideas from other teachers and studied and experienced much myself. I also have attempted to keep myself current with my own education and recently reached the halfway mark on my doctorate degree, for which I may not opt to finish the research portion. I also have had the opportunity to teach several graduate level classes to general and special education teachers at 2 universities. I have enjoyed sharing ideas with these teachers about recognizing that all the students in the class are on a continuum and have uniques learning styles, strengths, and weaknesses. I don't begin to believe any teaching situation can be easy, but I try to help teachers with strategies that are most effective for the child and most efficient for them. I also try to stress that all the children in their class are theirs simply because they are the only teacher that student has during that time frame for that subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment